Thanks for your interest in joining the Dang Gang . We’re always looking for for curious, smart, and motivated people to join our team.
If you’d like to join us on our #snackventure and introduce the world to outrageously delicious snacks, apply below!
Dang Foods is a lean and high growth healthy snack company whose mission is to share our culture for a healthier and more flavorful world. We believe growing up between cultures is a privilege because we learn from older generations and mix it with our own experience to create something entirely new. Dang is named after the mother of its Thai-American founders. Using minimal ingredients, all its products are Non-GMO Project Verified, gluten-free, and mostly plant-based & vegan. Dang is also a Certified B Corp, meeting rigorous standards of social and environmental performance.
In 2017, Dang won the “Best Snack” Sofi award for their Coconut Crunch Sticky Rice Chips. The brand has the #1 selling coconut chip in both natural and conventional supermarkets. Dang is sold in around 10,000 stores nationwide, including Whole Foods, Kroger, Safeway, Target, and Ahold, and via online stores including Amazon and Thrive Market.
The Position: Marketing Coordinator
This role reports directly to our VP Marketing
As Dang’s Marketing Coordinator, you will support brand marketing, product development, and innovation projects.
- Act as brand advocate to articulate our Asian-American snack positioning
- Coordinate packaging and communications to ensure every consumer touchpoint is flawlessly executed
- Coordinate product development and innovation pipeline
- Coordinate cross functional projects across marketing, sales, operations, and legal teams
- Directly support sales team by managing merchandising, demos, trade shows and sales presentations
- Identify, initiate, and nurture brand partnerships for Dang
- Concept and execute creative for email, advertising, and ecommerce
- Event planning and logistics coordination
- Track and analyze performance of various marketing programs
- Manage freelance graphic designers and copywriters
- Admin/general support to Sales and Marketing teams
You care deeply about branding and the consumer experience. You like to talk, educate, and learn. You love Dang, and love to share our message of healthy snacking.
You have a bias toward action. You are scrappy and hungry, and have extremely high standards.
Working with a sense of urgency is common among Dangsters. This is the perfect role for someone seeking to learn and gain a lot of responsibility in a high growth environment.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE and skills
- 1-3 years of professional work experience, preferably in marketing, customer service, or sales
- Strong communication skills – written and oral
- Empathy with a passion for helping people and resolving issues
- Enthusiasm and energy to build the next great snack brand
- Problem solver – you think out of the box and find creative solutions
- Self-disciplined and motivated in environment requiring creativity and strong attention to detail
- Extremely organized
- Flexible and adaptable to the changing needs of a startup
- Solid analytics skills with high proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs, Slack
- Design skills (Adobe Suite) are a great bonus
Dang Core Values:
Work Smart: We prepare, continually learn, analyze data, and track metrics.
Clarity: We’re accountable, transparent, and give concrete feedback.
Safety: We’re mindful of others.
Play: We laugh, create, and don’t take ourselves too seriously.
Modesty: We share credit, under-promise, and over-perform.
Some travel required (15%)
Competitive Salary + Bonus Potential + Equity + Health/Vision/Dental Benefits.
The role is full time, on-site at our office in Berkeley, CA.To apply: Send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. In your cover letter, please tell us what your favorite snack is, and why you are interested in Dang Foods. Please read more about us at: http://www.dangfoods.com.