Thanks for your interest in joining the Dang Gang . We’re always looking for for curious, smart, and motivated people to join our team.
If you’d like to join us on our #snackventure and introduce the world to outrageously delicious snacks, apply below!
The Position: Sales Analyst
Dang Foods is a lean and high growth healthy snack company whose mission is to share our culture for a healthier and more flavorful world. We believe growing up between cultures is a privilege because we learn from older generations and mix it with our own experience to create something entirely new. Dang is named after the mother of its Thai-American founders. Using minimal ingredients, all its products are Non-GMO Project Verified, gluten-free, and mostly plant-based & vegan. Dang is also a Certified B Corp, meeting rigorous standards of social and environmental performance.
In 2017, Dang won the “Best Snack” Sofi award for their Coconut Crunch Sticky Rice Chips. The brand has the #1 selling coconut chip in both natural and conventional supermarkets. Dang is sold in around 10,000 stores nationwide, including Whole Foods, Kroger, Safeway, Target, and Ahold, and via online stores including Amazon and Thrive Market.
The top priorities of the Sales Analyst are to:
- To analyze and summarize relevant internal and external sales data for the executive and sales team
- To financially plan, forecast, and budget
- Analyze, streamline and summarize internal (Sales by region/SKU) and external (IRI/Nielson) data reports for the sales and executive team as needed
- Work with VP of Sales to set and track quantifiable goals for the sales team
- Spearhead, maintain and improve a bottoms up financial statement budget that ties to cash
- Analyze and prepare monthly/quarterly sales reporting reporting packages, including actual vs budget analysis
- Manage A/R and deductions and institute robust system to follow up and collect upon unauthorized deductions
- Assist CFO and 3rd party accounting firm in preparation of monthly financial statements
- Ad hoc special accounting/finance projects as needed
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance
- Three or more years of in similar type of sales analyst role
- High proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs
- Analytical Skills
- Organization and Planning
- Communication Skills
Dang Core Values:
Work Smart: We prepare, continually learn, analyze data, and track metrics.
Clarity: We’re accountable, transparent, and give concrete feedback.
Safety: We’re mindful of others.
Play: We laugh, create, and don’t take ourselves too seriously.
Modesty: We share credit, under-promise, and over-perform.
- Must live in Bay Area, CA.
This position is located in our office in Berkeley, CA. Competitive Salary + Bonus Potential + Equity + Health/Vision/Dental Benefits. In your cover letter, please tell us what your favorite snack is, and why you are interested in Dang Foods. Please read more about us at: http://www.dangfoods.com
To apply please send resume and cover letter to: Anu@dangfoods.com.
Dang creates snacks with an authentic Asian soul, creatively reinterpreted for the modern, healthy mindset. Founded by two Thai-American brothers bƒƒased on an original recipe from their mom, Dang:
- Is made with whole food ingredients and nothing artificial
- Creatively combines Eastern and Western flavors and food traditions
- Uses Non-GMO, gluten-free, and plant-based ingredients
- Is a Certified B Corp, meeting rigorous standards of social and environmental performance
- Is an innovator and a media and industry “darling” – both the brand and our founders are respected innovators in the food space
- Has won two “Best Snack” Sofi awards for our Sticky-Rice Chips and Coconut Chips. The brand has the #1 coconut chip in the US, and is sold in over 12,000 stores nationwide, including Whole Foods, Kroger, Safeway, Target, and Ahold, and online on Amazon and Thrive Market.
Our brand vision is “to share our culture for a healthier and more flavorful world”.
The Position: Marketing Intern (Fall 2019)Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Marketing Team on upcoming and ongoing projects: customer surveys, student ambassador program, product launches and sampling programs
- Manage Dang’s surprise-and-delight program
- Assist in researching, planning, coordinating and executing events, demos and field marketing initiatives.
- Prepare weekly reports on Marketing KPIs and metrics
- Manage our media samples, track and ship packages to partners, influencers, and media
- Support Dang’s digital strategy with customer engagement and trend analysis
- Strengthen the Dang brand identity and engage consumers by assisting with email campaigns, blog posts, social media stories and more
- Perform light website maintenance
- Be a jack of all trades, adaptable with a willingness to learn
- Excellent command of Excel and capable of performing analysis on large datasets
- Ability to present findings and summarize research and analysis in a clear and concise manner
- Passion for engaging with customers and sharing the Dang brand
- Exceptional writing skills and a witty, clever brand voice
- Enthusiasm for natural foods and modern Asian snacks
Compensation: $15-$20 hourly based on previous experience, 36-40 hours per week.
Application: Please send all resumes & cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.