The Position: Brand Ambassador
Location: Boston, New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco Bay Area or Seattle markets
The Job Description: Dang Foods is searching for highly energetic and professional Brand Ambassadors to introduce consumers to the magic of coconut chips and onion chips one mouth at a time. We’re looking for individuals to be a part of a dynamic team focused on brand awareness and education. Primary focus is on conducting demos/samplings of Dang products in store and at events. In addition to interacting with consumers face to face, our ambassadors will be responsible for building relationships with the staff at store level and supporting the Dang Area Sales Manager in maximizing our brand presence in those stores.
The Dang Brand Ambassador is charged with:
• Creating genuine excitement about Dang
• Understanding and sharing knowledge of the Dang and its products
• Actively engaging consumers & store staff to spread brand awareness and build brand affinity
• Schedule and conduct demos/events in a professional and timely manner
• Drive to all location sites within the area of coverage
• Set up and break down all equipment
• Maintain proper inventory levels during and after events
• Provide detailed post-event report of consumer interactions, product feedback and status of Dang presence in store (stock on shelves, display locations, etc.)
• Drop off product, swag, coupons, etc. to local grocery teams and influencers
• Participate in an initial onboarding call as well as quarterly update calls, and stay informed regularly on the latest product & messaging updates through email
• Food/CPG demo experience (preferably at least 1 year)
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Reliable, responsible, responsive, organized
• Enthusiastic, outgoing, professional
• Passionate about healthy foods and active lifestyles
• Able to complete job responsibilities & manage time independently but willing (and excited!) to work as part of a larger regional sales and marketing team
• Able to adapt to changing conditions and proactively solve issues as circumstances change
• Occasional evening and weekend availability
• Has a valid driver’s license, clean driving record and a reliable car
• Able to stand on your feet for extended periods and lift 30 lbs.
• Access to a smartphone and/or tablet
Employment type: Part-time, paid hourly (competitive rate, includes travel time & mileage)
Time commitment: Approx. 10-15 hours per week (depends on market), flexible hours
Reports to: Marketing Coordinator & Area Sales Manager
Location: Our office is located in Berkeley CA, but candidate will work from home to cover their market.
Dang Mission Statement: To delight by reinventing whole foods into dangworthy healthy snacks.
Dang Core Values:
Inspiration: To strive for true innovation
Mutuality: To foster mutually beneficial relationships
Borderless: No bounds to our snacks and mindsets
Work Smart: To plan and execute mindfully
Honesty and Integrity: Do the right thing
Our flagship product line, Dang Coconut Chips, defy convention and categorization, and we look for people with those same qualities. Dang is a rapidly growing snack company focused on bringing you unconventional culinary delights from around the globe. We named Dang after our founder’s mother, who grew up in Thailand. In 2013, we became the #1 selling coconut chip in both natural and conventional supermarkets including Whole Foods, Safeway, Sprouts, Target, Kroger, Ahold, Publix and H-E-B. Currently we are sold in over 7,000 stores nationwide.